Sunday 18 April 2010

Its not a real home until its been Baked in!


I have now fully transported myself to the new digs. After 6hrs of cleaning the kitchen I can now bake, without the worry of getting food poisoning.
So what did I bake! Profiteroles
I guessed the measurements so the first batch didn't rise enough, the second did. The cream mixture didn't thicken enough but with the help of a fridge it did. I substituted the chocolate for a lower coca % which with the quantity of chocolate sauce was too sweet.



Profiteroles Recipe
75g of plain flour
150g Butter
300g of at least 50% coca chocolate
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
300ml of double cream
2 large free range eggs

Pre heat oven to 220C, grease two sheets of baking paper, sprinkle with water.
Melt 50g of butter with 150ml of water with a pinch of salt, boil fast.
Remove from heat then tip in flour and beat with a wooden spoon, set aside for 15minutes.

Gradually beat in eggs until shiny and glossy, spoon onto baking sheets with a wet spoon. Bake for 25minutes or til golden, pierce side and cook for a further 5 minutes.

Heat50g of chocolate in a pan with the sugar and 100ml of water, simmer for 10 minutes.

Whip the cream until it peaks add with the chocolate mixture.
Slice the cooled profiteroles and spoon the chocolate cream mixture in.

Melt the rest of the chocolate over a bowl of water to create the chocolate sauce to serve which can keep for 2 weeks. Decorate the profiteroles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GoodBye

Goodbye online diary, you were my source of hope, and a record of the struggles I seem to be born to keep enduring. Part inflicted by myself...