Thursday 30 December 2010

Upstairs Downstairs-

I had a merry Christmas and it was certainly different to last year. It always interesting to observe other families traditions.
The thing about celebrating Christmas elsewhere is you don't have control of the remote so I missed all of Upstairs Downstairs as there were other programs that peole wanted to watch.



BBC blurb. Revival of the iconic '70s series. Portrayal of life in a London townhouse in 1936, where the fates of the servants "downstairs" and their masters "upstairs" are intimately linked.

Episode 1

I was glad to the screen for the fashions in clothing and interiors.

Quote of the episode
Mother-in law Maude to Lady Agnes about her monkey Solomon.
"Every morning as soon as he sees me open my eyes,he applauds me.
I can't tell you what a confidence boaster that is."










No comments:

Post a Comment

GoodBye

Goodbye online diary, you were my source of hope, and a record of the struggles I seem to be born to keep enduring. Part inflicted by myself...