Wednesday 27 October 2010

Vintage Costume Jewellery: A Passion for Fabulous Fakes Book Review

I have wanted a book on vintage jewellery for ages, but the ones that aren't based on a designer always seem to be more like picture books. The best jewellery books I own are on Jakob Bengel and Van Cleef and Arpels (never released)
This book however is a modern picture book, yes the images are large and bright, but there is little information about their construction and how you could date pieces. From the 1950s the author does included some images of the back the jewellery but as most of the jewellery is signed and premium priced its unliikely to help the humble collector.
Overall I was disappointed, but glad I didn't pay full priced, but now I have looked at it, I dont need it any more. However it did give me an appreciation of the 70s and also to bare in mind that what I think is 50s could be 70s.

Read the reviews here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1851495118/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_img

No comments:

Post a Comment

GoodBye

Goodbye online diary, you were my source of hope, and a record of the struggles I seem to be born to keep enduring. Part inflicted by myself...