Tuesday 17 November 2009

Inventive

I am always being told how, inventive I am, if only I could make a career out of this quirky aspect of my character, i would be laughing. My inventive nature was born out of the fact, that growing up I had no cash and was an only child. So being inventive was born out of sheer frustration. When I was at primary school I sold bookmarks for 50p, I even created a catalogue so that, the kids could choose their design. At secondary school I sold paper tissue picture frames, which actually were quite well made, the one I made for my mother lasted 5 years. I also made my own Christmas and birthday cards, took out books on origami. By the age of 14 I had stopped making picture frames, selling my school dinner ticket, so that I could pocket the cash to go to the cinema with my friends. I would dye secondhand clothes to make them look newer, so that I could wear them. When I was 16 my inventiveness stopped, I had got a job so I was now earning. When I was 18 I went to Uni and the inventiveness came back, sewing cheap bits of Lycra to make bandeau tops to wear for nights out. Turning light knitted tops into bandeau tops, you twist the arms and wrap over the bust and tie at the back. Walking everywhere to save money and save having to go to the gym. Going to the market at the end of the day, do get the best deals on the fruit veg. I still do some of this inventiveness, I try to walk everywhere within reason, as I permanently have a swollen ankle. I do turn my tops into bandeau tops, when I want to look as though I have bought something new. And I still visit the bargain shelf at the supermarket, and get my veg from the market at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GoodBye

Goodbye online diary, you were my source of hope, and a record of the struggles I seem to be born to keep enduring. Part inflicted by myself...